Janesville Dental Implants
A complete smile is a healthy smile
When you’re missing teeth, and need to fill in the gaps, trust the Janesville experts. The team at Dreier Family Dental knows how important it is to your health, wellbeing and lifestyle to have a full and functional smile. If you’re in need of a dental implant, make an appointment for a consultation today.
Why get a Dental Implant?
If you’re missing a tooth or teeth, you may feel uncomfortable showing off your pearly whites. Improve your oral health and boost your confidence with dental implants. Using the latest technology, experts like Dr. Dreier find it easier than ever to place implants. And with proper care, your new teeth can last a lifetime. All you have to do to start the process is make an appointment at Dreier Family Dental. Let’s see if dental implants are the right solution for you!
What’s the Process for Placing a Dental Implant?
A titanium post is surgically placed into the jawbone, and then the jaw is given time to heal. During this healing process, the post will fuse to the bone and mimic a tooth root. This is why dental implants are described as a permanent solution to missing teeth. The solid security of the implant means no replacements will be required.
After healing, an abutment is attached to the post, and then a crown is placed to perfectly match your existing teeth. Your new tooth will fit in seamlessly with your original smile, and provide decades of beauty and functionality.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Aside from its longevity, durability and likeness to original teeth, dental implants serve a structural purpose. When missing teeth go untreated, your mouth will try to close the gaps. This shifting causes the jaw to deteriorate, leading to functionality and aesthetic issues. Since the post of the dental implant acts as the root of your new tooth, it keeps the jaw intact and fully functional.
Enjoy a beautiful smile, eat what you like, and never feel embarrassed about a missing tooth again. Call us today to see if dental implants are right for you!
What Are the Different Types of Dental Implants?
There are two primary types of dental implants in use today.
- Endosteal implants – This is the most common type of dental implant. Endosteal implants are typically screw-shaped and are made of titanium. They are surgically implanted into the jaw bone and gums to support a dental restoration. To have an endosteal implant placed, you must have a relatively strong jaw or undergo a procedure such as a sinus lift or gum graft to strengthen your jaw.
- Subperiosteal implants – Subperiosteal implants consist of a metal framework which sits below the gums, over the jaw bone. Multiple posts protrude through the gums, allowing dental restorations to be attached. These are rarely used today, as they are more invasive and have more complications compared to endosteal implants.
“Mini implants” are also sometimes used. These implants are a special type of endosteal implant. They are smaller, so the placement procedure is not as invasive, and the implants can have a temporary bridge or denture attached right away to restore your smile.
Understanding the Dental Implant Placement & Restoration Process
The process of placing a dental implant and restoring your tooth will take multiple appointments over a 3-6 month period. Before your implant can be placed, you will come in for x-rays and imaging of your jaw and mouth, so that we can create an implant placement plan.
During your first appointment, your implant will be placed. One of our dentists will numb your mouth. You can also be sedated if you wish. A small opening will be made in your gums and jaw, and the implant will be placed. Then, the area will be cleaned and sutured shut.
You’ll wait to recover from the implant placement before continuing with the restoration. Initial healing takes about a week, but it takes 3-6 months for the implant to fully bond with your jaw. During this time, you’ll come back to Dreier Family Dental for follow-up treatments, where we will check on your recovery and begin developing your implant-supported restoration, such as a dental crown.
Once your mouth has healed completely, you will come in for a final appointment, and your implant-supported restoration will be bonded to your dental implant permanently. This completes the procedure.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
So, why choose dental implants instead of alternative restorative treatments like fixed dental bridges or dentures?
- Supports jaw health – Unlike any other type of dental restoration, dental implants transmit the force of biting and chewing into your gums and jaw. This, in turn, prevents bone loss and resorption, which is a common issue among those who suffer from tooth loss.
- Looks and feels completely natural – Your dental implants are permanently fixed in place and will never shift or move. Your new teeth will feel completely natural while you eat, and look just like real teeth when you smile, laugh and speak.
- Durable with a 30+ year lifespan – With proper care, implants can easily last 30+ years. In fact, most patients can keep their implants in good shape for the rest of their lives. This makes them the best long-term investment.
- Requires little care and maintenance – Dental implants do not require much special care or maintenance. Single-tooth restorations with dental crowns, for example, only require you to brush and floss your teeth normally to keep them healthy. It is also important to continue to come and see the team at Dreier Family Dental every six months for a checkup and cleaning.
What Patients are Saying
"I am very impressed with the friendliness and warm welcome that I have received from the entire staff. Definitely 5 star treatment!"
"These guys are why I don’t get embarrassed smiling in pictures anymore. I love my smile"
"They made me very comfortable, so glad we found this dentistry. Tiffany and Brandon; you rock!"
"I think Dr. Dreier will do great. I have been a patient of Winter Dental for 20 years. I always receive the best of care from dentist and staff! My experience with Dr Dreier was very good. Welcome!"
"The people there are absolutely great! They care about their patients. I prefer to never go anywhere else!"
"Been with Winter Dental for many many years! Best in Janesville!! Dr. Connie & Janie are awesome!!"
"I have been with Winter & Winter for many years! Love their services and friendly people!! Dr. Brandon is great!"
"The dental hygienists here and the dentist herself are all wonderful. They offer great service with suggestions for better oral care. Time and time again they provide good dental experiences!"
"None Better. They took me in as a new customer in a emergency situation. Solved my problem and was very patient in explaining what was wrong and what they were going to do to resolve my situation. Would recommend to anyone that needs professional dental work done."
"Well Done Dreier Family Dental! Happy to say that my first visit with Dr. Dreier was just as smooth as the last 9 years as a patient of Dr. Connie Winter. Wishing you all much success!"
"My family is new to Dreier Family Dental and we loved it! My boys have always complained about having to go in for cleaning and check ups but now they can't wait to go back! Great staff and great atmosphere!"